This raw blueberry cheesecake is so easy to make, but it looks stunning and tastes delicious. The base is made from dried apricots and walnuts so it's sweet and nutty and the creamy cashew filling has a subtle sweetness and vibrant purple color. Top it with plenty of blueberries to add to the presentation and get ready to watch jaws drop when you bring this to the table!
Raw Blueberry Cheesecake With Apricot Walnut Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 6 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup walnuts
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked in cold water for several hours or overnight
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed, plus more for decoration
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or another liquid sweetener
- To make the bottom, chop the nuts and apricots in a blender until you get a sticky mass.
- Transfer it to the bottom of your small (about 5-inch) round springform pan, smooth out with the reverse side of a tablespoon. Press gently with your fingers to make it stick to the bottom of the form.
- Rinse and drain the cashews.
- To make the filling, blend thoroughly all ingredients. Taste. Add more syrup if you feel like it. We want a homogeneous and very soft filling, so blend long enough, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the filling onto the crust. Gently tap the spring-form on the table to smooth the surface.
- Decorate with berries.
- Place the cake in the in the freezer for 30 minutes in order to harden.
- Gently swipe a table knife between the side surface of the springform and the cake and separate the form from the cake.
- Cut into four or eight pieces and serve.