Cream pies are the perfect thing for summer, as far as I am concerned. But, I guess I consider them somewhat of a special thing to make since I don't make them very often. However, the special occasion could just be making a cream pie haha. Raspberry cream pie to be precise. I had the most beautiful raspberries and they were just begging to be used in something magnificent. Which this is.
Raspberry Dream Pie [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Serves1 6 inch pie
- 3/4 cup finely shredded dried coconut
- 3/4 cup sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup soft pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Filling and Topping:
- 4 cups fresh young coconut meat packed*
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar, or your choice of raw liquid sweetener
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract and seeds of a vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup raw coconut butter (warmed to liquid)
- 2 cups fresh organic raspberries, divided
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- Additional raspberries for topping
For the crust:
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor until finely chopped and starting to hold together when squeezed (if it doesn’t you may need a few more dates). Press the mixture into a 6 inch pie pan or spring form pan greased with coconut oil.
To make the cream:
- Combine the coconut, coconut water, coconut nectar, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Add 3/4 cup coconut butter with the motor running and process for a minute. Divide between 2 bowls. Add one back to the food processor and add 1 1/2 cups raspberries, along with 2 Tbsp coconut butter and blend until smooth. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup raspberries. Pour the raspberry filling filling over the prepared crust and place in the freezer to firm up (about 2 hours). Place the other bowl in the freezer for about 45 minutes and chill until it is the consistency of whipped cream (once it is the proper consistency, place in the fridge until the filling is ready.
- Once the filling and the cream have chilled long enough, top the filling with the plain cream, and top off with raspberries before serving.
If you do not mind this pie not being nut free, and coconut meat is unavailable, you may use 4 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours and drained instead.