This recipe rocks because it is effortless, perfect for any season, great aesthetic appeal, non-vegan approved, and the sugar can easily be modified to your preference! It’s easy, cream cheesy, affordable, has minimal ingredients, is perfect for brunch, and can be made with whatever fruit you’re craving! If you love effortless vegan breakfast concepts that don’t disappoint, you have to try this danish!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish [Vegan]
For the Dough:
- Frozen vegan pastry dough
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Raspberry Filling:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 small carton of raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (optional)
For the Icing:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (0ptional)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
For the Pastry:
- Let the pastry dough thaw out.
- Make the filling: in a medium bowl of a standing mixer beat the cream cheese, powered sugar, and almond extract on medium speed until smooth.
For the Raspberry Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the raspberry sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Open thawed puff pastry sheets on a flat work surface that has been sprinkled lightly with flour.
- Roll dough to make the square even. You aren't rolling too hard though, just lightly enough that you can get all the sides even. The dough will still look like a trifold with creases.
- With kitchen scissors, or a pizza cutter, make nine even slits on both sides of the puff pastry, leaving the middle third of the "trifold" untouched. Be careful not to go past the fold lines.
- Add the cream cheese filling and carefully spread down the center of the pastry sheet. Next carefully spoon some of the raspberry sauce over the cream cheese layer. Repeat for both layers.
- Next starting at the top of the pasty fold the flaps diagonally and alternately over the raspberry layer. When you get to the end, tuck the ends under the pastry sheet. Place on cookie sheet line with parchment.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- As the pastry is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking all of the ingredients together. After 10 minutes of cooling, drizzle the braids lightly with glaze and serve immediately.