Raspberry and Coconut Glazed Doughnuts [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Serves20 mini doughnuts
- 12 pitted deglet dates
- 1 c. almond flour
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ c. coconut flakes
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- ¼ c. agave nectar
- 2/3 c. raspberries
- ½ tsp. vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. coconut butter, softened
- ¼ c. coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Coconut flakes, for garnish
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan with coconut oil. Line a tray with parchment paper.
To make the doughnut base:
- Place the dates, almond flour, coconut flour, coconut flakes, coconut sugar, and vanilla bean powder in a food processor. Process until well combined. While the machine is running, pour the agave nectar in through the top, processing until the dough sticks together, approximately 15 seconds.
- Divide the dough into 20 small pieces and firmly press the pieces into the doughnut pan. If you don’t have a doughnut pan, shape the doughnuts and place them on the parchment-lined tray. Set in the refrigerator while you make the glaze.
To make the pink glaze:
- Place the raspberries, vanilla bean powder, coconut butter, coconut milk, agave nectar, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Remove the doughnuts from the pan by tracing the outside of the doughnuts with an offset spatula, gently lifting around the edges until they pop out. Working one at a time, place each doughnut in the glaze bowl so one side gets coated with glaze, then lift it from the bowl with a fork. Tap the fork against the rim of the bowl to allow excess glaze to drip off and place the doughnut, glaze side up, on the parchment-lined tray. Repeat until all the doughnuts are coated.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes onto the wet doughnuts and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the glaze hardens. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.