Sometimes you may want sushi, but just don’t have the patience to make it. We bring you the sushi burger! You can put whatever you want on this ‘burger’, but for this recipe, load it up with colorful veggies and top it with a sriracha mayo sauce.
Rainbow Sushi Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 1/2 cups calrose rice, cooked
- Purple cabbage
- Sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 nori sheet
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- Let the rice cool while you slice your toppings and make your sauce.
- Make your Sriracha mayo by blending them together.
- With wet hands, form your rice into 'buns'. Wet your hands before making each bun.
- Layer your toppings on the bottom 'bun', slather sauce on the top 'bun' and place over toppings, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- If adding nori to your 'burger' cut 1 sheet into squares as you would add cheese on your burger .
- Wrap the 'burger' in 1-2 soy wrappers for ease of handling and keeping all your toppings together.