This tabbouleh is the perfect side for spring. Fresh asparagus, parsley, and mint add the taste of fresh greens while tomatoes add a light, savory flavor. Savor this fresh and crunchy tabbouleh as a first course or a side dish, or as a wrap for a light, but filling lunch.
Quinoa Asparagus Tabbouleh [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 large bunches flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 6 green onions, minced
- 2 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a medium-sized pot. Add the quinoa with a pinch of salt and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff up the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard.
- Dice the asparagus and add to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until you get this texture. Set aside.
- Wash the parsley and drain well. Mince the parsley and mint very finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa and chopped asparagus. Add the minced parsley, mint, green onions and cucumbers.
- Add the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices. Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS