These naan breads are so quick to make, and only have a handful of ingredients. They’ll be the perfect pairing for your family curry night, and be sure to impress all!
Quick ‘n Easy Naan Bread [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- + extra virgin olive oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder and soda, coriander powder and garlic powder and stir until combined.
- Then add in the yogurt, mix with a spoon, and then when a dough starts to form, use your hands to knead it and ensure all the flour is incorporated (if it’s still a little ‘wet’ from the yogurt, add more flour)
- On a clean surface, put some flour down, split the dough into 4 balls and roll each out flat (approx. 1/4 inch x 8 inch x 4 inch)
- Heat some oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, then when hot, place one of the naans in.
- Fry for approximately 3-4 minutes each side (should create some bubbles) or until browned.
- Repeat for the other 3 naans, then serve and enjoy!