Full of protein and fiber, this easy dish will fuel you well for all your activities. Pair these smoky, hearty chickpeas with brown rice and roasted vegetables for a quick, easy, and budget-friendly meal. Make it in bulk and you can have it for dinner all week by alternating what you serve it with. They also taste great over a baked sweet potato or coupled with freshly sliced avocado or nutritional yeast.
Quick and Easy Spiced Chickpeas With Tomato [Vegan]
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt, pepper, and red chili flakes, to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in water until the onion is transparent.
- Add in the tomato paste and cumin and stir to combine. Continue cooking for a couple more minutes.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes and the drained and rinsed chickpeas and stir to combine. Add in a hearty pinch of salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chili flakes, to taste.
- Continue cooking until everything is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve over cooked brown rice or a baked sweet potato.