Luscious homemade pumpkin gnocchi blanketed in richly spiced butter sauce and lemon cashew cream ... who wouldn't want that for dinner? I guess people who don't like pumpkin – or happiness.
Pumpkin Gnocchi in Spiced Butter Sauce with Lemon Cashew Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Lemon Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup cashews, raw or roasted
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed in 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Spiced Butter Sauce:
To Make the Lemon Cashew Cream:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Mix until the cream is thickened and smooth. Set aside.
To Make the Pumpkin Gnocchi:
- In a cup, combine the flax seed and water. Mix into a loose paste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, flour, potato starch, salt, flax gel and nutritional yeast. Mix until it forms a dough. Use your hands to mix the dough until all the ingredients are incorporated. The dough should stick to your fingers but not to the bowl.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface. Divide the dough into sections and roll the sections into balls. Then roll each ball into a long tube, about 3/4-inch in diameter. Press the tines of a fork into the tube to form indentations in the dough.
- Cut the tubes into gnocchi pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gently place the gnocchi into the water and cook for about two minutes. They will float to the top when ready. Remove from the water and drain.
To Make the Spiced Butter Sauce:
- In a large saucepan or skillet, melt the butter and olive oil. Add the spices. Add the gnocchi to the pan and coat with the butter sauce. Serve while hot over the lemon cashew cream. Top with grated vegan parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
CashewGnocchiItalian Sauce RecipesLemonPotato RecipesPumpkinPumpkin SeedSauce