Say hello to the perfect fall brunch! These crêpes have a pumpkin-infused batter, a creamy pumpkin filling, and a topping of cinnamon-spiced coconut whipped cream and crunchy candied pecans. This breakfast dish has multiple textures, flavors, the base recipe can be used to make whichever crêpe you crave. Not to mention it has a great presentation that just screams fall!
Pumpkin Crêpes With Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream and Candied Pecans [Vegan]
For the Crêpes:
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar 0r 4 drops of liquid stevia
For the Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 13.66-ounce can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Candied Pecans:
- 1 cup raw pecans, rounded
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, more or less to taste
To Make the Crêpes:
- Combine all ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. While the batter is resting, combine all the filling ingredients and whisk until smooth.Heat a crêpe pan or medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Right before you are going to add batter, put a small dap of butter in the pan and swirl to coat. Then, using a 1/4 cup, scoop batter into the pan, swirling the pan as you pour to evenly coat the pan with the batter.
- Once the batter is even, set the pan down and allow the crêpe to brown just slightly. Then carefully lift up the edges with a spatula and flip over, if you are a beginning crêpe maker, you can skip the flipping part if you can't get right, just allow the batter to set on the top. Once the crêpe is browned on both sides, turn it out onto a paper towel or a plate. Repeat with remaining batter until all of it has been used.
To Make the Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Remove the solid portion of the canned coconut and place in the bowl of a standing mixer with vanilla and cinnamon. Sift in the powdered sugar for the best texture. Combine and set aside to chill.
To Make the Candied Pecans:
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed meal, maple syrup, melted vegan butter, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir well. Let stand one minute or more. Add pecans into flax mixture. combine. Now add the coconut sugar and cinnamon, toss to combine again. Stir well and let stand while preparing cinnamon sugar and baking sheet.
- Place coated nuts in a single layer on a lightly greased pan topped with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle nuts with remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar. Bake at 275°F for approximately 30 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet, then remove.
- To serve, heat the filling in the microwave until warm. (or serve cold) Place a crêpe on the plate, place the filling the center and fold up the sides. Top with fresh cinnamon coconut whipped cream, candied pecans, and serve.