These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are so easy to make, healthy, moist and cake-y! This is the perfect healthy dessert that is both vegan and gluten-free.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice (1/2 teaspoon of each spice if strong flavor is desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée (plain not pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 360° F and line an 8x8-inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Melt the coconut oil, and add the oil plus the rest of the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix everything together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (reserve some to sprinkle on top)
- Bake for 24 minutes. Test with a toothpick (poking it in the center) and make sure it comes out clean and it’s done!
- Let cool at least 20 minutes.
These are definitely best when eaten the first day, but if you store them in a sealed container you can keep them for about 2 days. If you don’t put them in a sealed container they will be dry the next day so be sure you don’t skip that!