This pie is a dream dessert for any peanut butter lover; a smooth, creamy peanut butter filling rests atop a crunchy pretzel crust. The filling is light and airy blended silken tofu — the perfect contrast to the crumbly, chocolatey, slightly sweet crust. For presentation, taste, and texture, top this pie with additional pretzels and a handful of chocolate chips.
Pretzel Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 3 cups of pretzels
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Filling:
- 1 12-ounce block of silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Salt, to taste
To Prepare the Crust:
- Add all of the crust ingredients into food processor and blend until the mixture sticks together.
- Empty the mixture into a pie dish, and press to form a crust. Be sure to press up the sides of the pie plate to hold in all of the filling.
To Prepare the Filling:
- Using the same food processor, (you don’t need to clean it really, just wipe it out), add all of the filling ingredients and blend until silky smooth.
- When blending our ingredients, feel free to adjust your taste preferences accordingly.
- Spread the peanut butter filling over the crust and smooth it out.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.