This English breakfast-inspired meal is as photogenic as it is delicious. First, potatoes are spiralized and baked until crispy. A baked tomato is a classic component of English breakfast; in this recipe, it sits atop homemade guac with a sprinkling of aromatic walnut Parmesan. Some freshly prepared simple guacamole helps to keep this little tower intact and is a creamy and delicious addition to balance out the crispy potatoes. It makes the dish perfect for a brunch with friends or family or it can be served for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer.
Potato Nests With Roast Tomato, Guac, and Walnut Parmesan [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Potato Nests:
- 6 small potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika
For the Guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
For the Baked Tomato:
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes
- 6 teaspoons walnut Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub the potatoes clean, then spiralize and transfer to a bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings and stir until everything’s evenly coated. Form six nests on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half. Top with each a teaspoon of walnut parmesan, put on a baking sheet and put into the oven as well.
- Cut up a ripe avocado, mash and add lime juice and seasoning. Set aside.
- Once the potato nests are crispy and golden, the tomatoes are baked, and the walnut Parmesan on top got some color, remove from the oven.
- Assemble by dividing the guacamole on top of the potato nests and finish with each a baked tomato.