This amazing olive cheese is ready in just two hours! Grate it, slice it, serve it on crackers or pizza — there are so many different ways to enjoy this. Whatever you do with it, it won't last long.
Pimento Olive Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup pimento olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons juice from the olive jar
- 2 teaspoons agar agar powder
- Stir 1/2 cup soy milk with arrowroot starch, chickpea flour, olive oil, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne powder, and smoked paprika. Add finely chopped pimento olives as well as the juice from the jar, stir until evenly mixed.
- Put the remaining 1 cup of soy milk in a saucepan and sprinkle agar agar powder on top. Bring up to medium heat, cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the bowl of combined ingredients into the saucepan with the soy milk and agar, stir well. Bring back to medium heat and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Pour into a one large greased container (preferably cheese-shaped, round is better) or two smaller containers. Even out the top with the back of spoon and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Nutritional Yeast / Nooch