Add some Caribbean flair to your life with this flavorful and healthy pea salad. If you can't find pigeon peas (also called gungo peas), you can substitute them with black eyed peas.
Pigeon Pea Salad (Gungo Peas) [Vegan]
- 1 cup of pigeon/gungo peas (or 1 cup, drained)
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup of bell peppers (sweet red peppers and yellow mixed)
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- For the dressing
- 2 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules or two small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of coconut aminos
- A dash of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme (to garnish)
- Arrange all of the veggies in your favorite bowl or on a plate.
- Pour a generous amount of dressing over the entire salad and garnish with the dried thyme.
- Serve accordingly.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Black Eye / Pigeon Pea