What could be better than some amazing mac n' cheese? How about the flavors from a delicious Philly cheesesteak thrown into the mix? Pure comfort food!
Philly Cheesesteak Mac n’ Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 box dry pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 recipe vegan "beef"
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk (soy works well because of its thickness)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar shreds
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella shreds
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat pasta according to the package.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large frying pan. Add onions and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mushrooms and chopped "beef" and cook for another 5 minutes; set aside.
- Heat butter over low heat in medium saucepan. Once melted, stir in nutritional yeast and whisk in soy milk.
- Add vegan cheese and whisk until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, onions, and beef pieces.
- Pour into baking dish and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Heat for 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley on top. Serve right away.