In this recipe, whole wheat pasta and vegetables are stir-fried in a creamy, spicy peanut sauce to create a meal that's satisfying and flavorful. This simple stir-fry comes together quickly and the ingredients are simple and affordable. It definitely earns a spot in your weekly dinner rotation. You can stick to the vegetables that are in the recipe, or adjust them based on what you have stocked in your refrigerator or freezer.
Peanut Noodle Stir-Fry With Vegetables [Vegan]
For the Noodles:
- 2 servings whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Optional Toppings:
- Peanuts, crushed
- Crushed red pepper
- Green onions, sliced
- Boil noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- In a sauté pan, warm 1 tablespoon of water over medium heat. Add diced onion, and sauté until translucent, adding more water as needed to prevent onions from sticking.
- Add the zucchini and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare sauce. In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- When vegetables are tender, add cooked pasta, edamame, and sauce to the skillet with the vegetables.
- Toss and cook over low heat until all ingredients are hot. Season to taste.
- Top with optional crushed peanuts, sliced green onions, and, crushed red pepper flakes.