We need some color this time of year, don't we? This vibrant veggie bowl is packed with flavor and protein — like 25 grams of protein-per-bowl!
Peanut Noodle Protein Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Bowl:
- 8-ounces dry glass noodles
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 7-ounces of sugar snap peas, chopped
- 12-ounces extra firm tofu, chopped into whatever shape you like
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
To Make the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
Cook your noodles according to the package.
Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet. Once heated, place your tofu in the skillet and brown for one to two minutes, each side.
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook on medium for two to three minutes, stirring constantly.
When the tofu is done, turn off the heat and remove from the heat. Add the noodles and sauce to the tofu and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed.
Divide the noodles and tofu between bowls and then add the rest on top. Sprinkle with peanuts and squirt some lime juice over top or give every bowl a wedge.