How can you go wrong with the classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate? This recipe is for creamy, peanut butter pie on a chocolate cinnamon crust. It's sure to have everyone begging for more than one slice.
Peanut Butter Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal, 165 grams (it’s best to weigh, as all flours are different)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 ounces vegan bittersweet dark chocolate, 70-80%
For the Filling:
- 1 12/ounce package of firm silken tofu
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed dates, pitted, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Topping:
- 1-2 bananas, sliced thinly
- A squeeze of orange or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon melted chocolate chips, melted with a little almond milk to help thin to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients and process until smooth.
- Press into pie pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Remove and let cool.
- In a blender, place all ingredients for the filling. Blend until smooth. Filling can be done a few days ahead of time, and placed into the refrigerator.
- A few hours before serving: toss banana slices in a little fresh citrus juice to prevent browning, making sure they’re not very wet. Spread filling on top of crust
- Arrange banana slices in concentric circles. Top with chopped peanuts and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Chill pie for a few hours before serving. Alternatively, pie can be served as a frozen dessert.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS