Miss Blizzards? Try this nice cream "Blizzard" recipe. All the sweet, chunky candy-filled ice cream deliciousness without the dairy and sugar!
Peanut Butter Caramel ‘Nice’ Cream Blizzard [Vegan, Raw]
- 3-4 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 heaping tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted (or regular dates soaked in ¼ c hot water for 5-10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or any nondairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- About 1/8 cup plain roasted peanuts, crushed
- Line a 5x7-inch loaf pan with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Mix up the chocolate in a small bowl and spread half in the bottom of the load pan. Set aside in the freezer.
- Combine all the peanut butter caramel ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. This will take a few minutes, and you'll need to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Spread half the caramel on the chocolate. Sprinkle on the peanuts. Spread the other half of the caramel over the peanuts. Spread the second half of the chocolate over the caramel. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine all the nice cream ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape and stir as needed. It should come together nice and creamy after a few minutes of blending.
- Cut the candy bars into big chunks and add them to the nice cream. Set a few pieces aside as topping. Pulse until it's your perfect Blizzard consistency. Be careful not to over-pulse.
- Serve immediately. You can store leftovers in the freezer, but you'll need to let them thaw quite a bit.