These rice noodles are a bowl of satisfying peanut bliss. They are so easy to make, use only simple ingredients, and manage to be light yet filling at the same time. You can even make a large batch of rice noodles in advance, then just throw it all together in the pan when you're ready to eat. Add freshly chopped cilantro, mint, parsley, or basil and make it shine even brighter! Feel free to experiment with the types of noodles and veggies used, but julienning the veggies really brings out their flavor and works perfectly with the rest of the dish. Perfect summer potluck offering!
Peanut Bliss Rice Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 package rice noodles (spaghetti shaped work great)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, julienned
- 2-3 carrots, julienned
- 1 ripe tomato, quartered (optional)
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute), or tamari
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook rice noodles as directed, drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil (or other high heat oil) to heated skillet, add sliced onion and garlic and saute until onion is transluscent and just starting to brown.
- Add carrots, asparagus, 1 Tbsp of coconut aminos (or tamari), sugar, a pinch of sea salt, and black pepper to pan and cook 2-3 minutes more until asparagus is bright green and carrots are tender. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- Add rice noodles to bowl with veggies. Add 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 Tbsp coconut aminos, remaining sea salt, crushed peanuts, and black pepper as desired. Toss well to coat, and serve immediately topped with extra peanuts, and a side of lightly salted tomato. Enjoy!