In this recipe, ripe peaches are sliced and tossed in cinnamon sugar before being wrapped up in wontons and fried to crispy perfection. The peaches within are warm, sweet, and a little gooey. These fun little desserts pair perfectly with the cinnamon-spiced coconut whipped cream.These crispy and delicious peach wontons are great for parties, where they'll be the most unique dessert item on the menu!
Peach Wontons With Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan]
For the Peach Wontons:
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced/diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegan wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
To Make the Peach Wontons:
- Slice up the ripe peach and toss in a large bowl with flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie seasoning.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers, drop about a tablespoon of sliced/diced peaches, and a tad bit of peach juice in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Using your finger or pastry brush, wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold one corner of the wrapper over to the other corner, and gently press down to seal edges. Make sure to seal edges thoroughly to avoid the oil splattering.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Carefully slide wontons into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning as they fry. When they reach a lovely golden brown, remove from oil to a paper towel-lined pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with the coconut whipped cream.
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Throw all the ingredients in a mixer and blend until smooth.