This crumble is between a dessert and a breakfast. When I prepare lunch, it's a dessert, but what is left is eaten at breakfast with a spoonful of dairy-free yogurt, coconut and grated lemon zest (if you're adding citrus peel, go organic please!!!). The combination of peach with raspberries (summer fruit) can charm me! It's sweet, acidic, fresh ... simply perfect. You can use any combination or fruit that you like. The nut mixture and oat combination would be perfect with apple, for example.
Peach and Raspberry Crumble [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 cups diced peach
- 2 + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour (can be tapioca, or any gluten free)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Dice peaches, put in a bowl and toss with raspberries. Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of flour. Leave aside.
- In food processor add the oats and nuts and pulse about 3-4 times. The idea is that it is not completely crushed, but is rather a course, heterogeneous mixture.
- Put the cinnamon and oil in a separate bowl and stir well. Mixture will become sticky.
- Put the fruit in a baking dish (pyrex square glass or several little ones) and top with the oat mixture and nuts.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 min. or when you see the fruit is boiling and the top is starting to brown.