As the weather gets warmer, these peach galettes are a great way to change up the way you eat your fruit. They're delicious, flaky, and packed with peachy flavor. The coconut oil and shredded coconut bits on top add a tropical touch to this dessert!
Peach and Coconut Galette [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Pastry:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2, plus 2 teaspoons cane sugar, divided
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, cold and solid
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut, unsweetened and flaked
For the Pastry Wash:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
For the Filling:
- 3 peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make the Pastry:
- Combine flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cane sugar, salt, coconut oil, and ice water in a food processor, pulsing for about 10-15 seconds, until just barely combined.
- Form into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap and/or parchment paper and refrigerate for an hour.
To Make the Filling:
- Toss all ingredients and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- After pastry dough is chilled, roll out into a circular shape. If your dough is crumbly, sprinkle water until it stays together and feel free to use your hands rather than a rolling pin to press the dough into a circular shape.
- Arrange the peaches on the pastry in two concentric circles, leaving about 1-2 inches of pastry as a border.
- Fold pastry over the peaches and make sure all edges are sealed.
- Combine wash ingredients. Using a pastry brush, brush the outside of the pastry with the wash.
- Press coconut into pastry and sprinkle with sugar.
- Transfer galette to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes, until coconut is toasted and peaches are bubbling and cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS