This pasta recipe is very simple and can get you out of trouble if you do not have a lot of time to cook. To prepare it we have prepared a delicious hummus tomato sauce with chickpeas and cherry tomatoes.
Pasta With Hummus Tomato Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 cups of macaroni "shells"
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water until soft. Drain them and place them in a deep dish or pan.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas in a blender, chopped garlic, salt, lemon juice, a good squirt of oil and cumin. Crush until you get a well-mixed and smooth cream.
- Add the hummus and the crushed tomatoes to the tray with the macaroni. Stir well and add cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Bake the macaroni for 5-10 minutes and serve.