Extra thick, ice-cold and creamy, this papaya twist on pina colada is a refreshing, vitamin packed drink. Enjoy it as a morning smoothie or pour in some rum for a tropical party cocktail.
Papaya Coladas [Vegan]
- 1 medium papaya
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks (I used canned but fresh should do too)
- 2 cups light coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- optional: 2 ounces rum
- coconut flakes for garnish
- Peel and roughly chop the papaya.
- Put all ingredients (except for the coconut flakes) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide in two glasses, garnish.
If you don't want to open a second can of coconut milk (my cans always have 400ml), you can use just one and sub some almond or soy milk for the rest.