Papaya is such a marvelous fruit. Full of living enzymes, it is great for digestion and is also full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin. A. It is high in fiber and folic acid, it is an anti-inflammatory and also supports the immune system. Teamed up with the coconut yogurt, which is full of gut-friendly bacteria, this is a wonderful combination and prescription for a happy belly.
Papaya and Coconut Yogurt Breakfast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup coconut meat
- ¼ cup coconut water
- ½ teaspoon probiotic powder
- ½ a vanilla bean
- 1 ripe medium size papaya
1 teaspoon each of:
- goji berries
- shredded coconut
- pumpkin seeds
- chia seeds
- lime juice and mint leaves to garnish
- To make the coconut yogurt, blend the coconut meat, water and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add the probiotic powder and blend again. You should have a thick, smooth yogurt. Alternatively, you can also use store bought coconut yogurt.
- Hollow out the papaya and discard the seeds and place half the papaya on a plate.
- Spoon into the center a few good tablespoons of the coconut yogurt (the rest will keep for up to a week in the fridge and continue to ferment with the probiotics.)
- Sprinkle with the goji berries, coconut, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds
- Squeeze the lime over the top and dress with mint.