Expand your culinary horizons with these paleo flax patties! Lightly seasoned, crisp on the outside, and soft on the inside, there isn't much more that you could ask for in a patty. Serve them on a bed of dark, leafy greens with fresh and roasted veggies for a salad, or make a sandwich with all the trimmings!
Paleo Flax Patties [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, plus 4 tablespoons room temperature water
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- For serving: avocado, guacamole, tahini sauce or cashew cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Start by mixing the ground flaxseeds with water until you have a gooey “flax egg”. Add coconut flour and the rest of the ingredients, except for soy milk. Mix and you’ll start to get a sticky, crumbly mixture.
- Add soy milk and keep mixing. You should start to see the mixture coming together and have a nice dough. If it’s too dry, add 1 more tablespoon of soy milk.
- Shape the patties and place them on a cookie sheet lined with a non-stick silicone baking mat or parchment paper, just make sure you oil the surface first. Bake for 30 minutes, turn buns half way trough.
- Let them sit for 10-15 minutes to cool down before splitting in two. They should be slightly golden on the outside (which might turn a bit red from the turmeric) and soft on the inside.
- Serve with avocado, tahini dressing or cashew cream, roasted veggies and your favorite fresh herbs
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS