We've bean thinking, and this salad is going to be a hard one to beet! It's an unusual combination of ingredients and flavors that work incredibly well together, making for a delicious, refreshing, and easy salad. Orange you glad it worked out that way?
Orange Bean and Beet Salad [Vegan]
- 2 medium beets, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of capers, drained from their brine
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional (you may not need it from the briny-ness of the beans and capers)
- Cut up the beet, onion and dill. Mix them in a salad bowl with the beans and capers.
- Juice an orange and whisk in the cumin, salt, and pepper, if using any. Pour this over the veggies and toss.
- You can serve this salad immediately but I like to leave it in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors mingle and the acid in the orange juice marinate the beans and beets.