This oil-free slaw is for sesame lovers! In this recipe, crunchy shredded cabbage is combined with umami flavor with just a touch of sweetness. It’s light, refreshing, and an absolutely perfect way to get a nice dose of raw cruciferous deliciousness. Serve this slaw on top of a meaty black bean burger with a toasted bun.
Oil-Free Asian Cole Slaw [Vegan]
- 2 cups tightly-packed, finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup gomasio
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons date syrup or other sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoons tamari or other lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate the coleslaw for several hours, or overnight before serving.