While fudgy brownies with nothing but chocolatey goodness are absolutely delicious, these nutty plum brownies are a bit more unique. Brazil nuts, juicy plum, and cacao powder come together to create a decadent treat that will excite your tastebuds. Orange juice and zest also give these brownies a touch of citrusy flavor.
Nutty Plum Brownies [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup dried plums, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 drops vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- Zest and juice from 1/2 of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Chop the nuts and the plums into smaller pieces.
- Mix the flour, cacao, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add the soy milk, sunflower oil, orange zest and juice, and the vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in the nuts, raisins, and plums.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-greased cake pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Set aside to cool, and top off with melted chocolate before serving.