This recipe will help you get a lot of nourishing goodness in one bowl! Roasted sweet potato and cooked broccoli pair perfectly with raw kale and crunchy red cabbage, creamy avocado, and fluffy quinoa. A dollop of earthy beet hummus topped with cracked black pepper and sea salt adds yet another depth of flavor. This delightful combo of raw and cooked foods is perfect for lunch or dinner!
Nourish Bowl With Beet Hummus [Vegan]
For the Beet Hummus:
- 2 medium beets, boiled until soft, or roasted
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- A pinch of salt
For the Nourish Bowl:
- 2 cups sweet potato
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped kale, stalks removed
- A handful of parsley
- Beet hummus (see recipe above)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Fresh lime or lemon juice
To Make the Beet Hummus:
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth, scraping down the sides when needed.
- Scoop into a jar and top with black pepper and rosemary, and then store in the refrigerator.
To Make the Nourish Bowl:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and chop the sweet potato, arrange on a baking tray, drizzle with coconut oil, and bake for 25-30 minutes, until soft.
- Rinse the quinoa in sieve, and then place it in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes, or until cooked.
- Chop the broccoli, kale, cabbage, cherry tomatoes, parsley, and avocado.
- Arrange the vegetables and quinoa in a bowl with big dollop of my beet hummus, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add a pinch of black pepper, chili flakes, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if desired.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
Grains - Other