In this recipe, shredded coconut is blended with dates and raw almonds to form a sweet no-bake cookie. A dollop of raspberry cream is then added to each cookie, complementing the nutty coconut flavor. These bite-sized desserts are so easy to make, that this recipe may become your new go-to for anytime you need to bring sweets to a party.
No-Bake Raspberry Coconut Caves [Vegan]
For the Raspberry Filling:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup plain unsweetened soy yogurt
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- 2-3 teaspoon agave nectar or maple syrup
For the Coconut Caves:
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- A splash of water, if needed
- Gently heat the coconut oil until liquid.
- Mix the ingredients for the raspberry filling until smooth. Give it a taste and sweeten it more if needed. thicken the filling by letting it sit in a coffee filter in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the almonds until grainy in a food processor or blender. Add the remaining ingredients for the coconut caves and mix until the mass holds together nicely without being too crumbly. You might need to add a tiny bit of water.
- Roll the almond mix to small balls and make an indentation with your thumb on each.
- Fill the caves with raspberry mix using a spoon, piping bag, or a plastic bag with one corner cut off.