If a dessert made of almonds, dates, banana, vanilla, and coconut sounds good to you, then you have to make these mini banoffee pies. These bite-sized treats have four layers of deliciousness; a crust of dates and almonds, a layer of almond-y date caramel, sweet banana slices, and a generous dollop of coconut whipped cream. This gluten-free take on a classic English dessert is sure to win over your taste buds.
No-Bake Mini Banoffee Pies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 15 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon concentrated vanilla extract or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Almond Caramel:
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 7 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons concentrated vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
For the Banana Layer:
- 1 large banana
- Agave nectar, coconut nectar or maple syrup, for drizzling (optional)
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut cream, opened and refrigerated overnight
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, coconut nectar, or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cacao powder, to dust
To Make the Base Layer:
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and process until they come together.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions
- Add them to cling-wrapped cupcake pans and form cups
- Put the cupcake pans in the refrigerator to chill while you make the caramel sauce
To Make the Almond Caramel:
- Process the ingredients together until they form a caramel sauce.
- Add the caramel on top of the base layer and return the cupcake pans to the refrigerator.
To Make the Banana Layer:
- Slice the bananas and place one or a couple of slices onto the caramel layer.
- If bananas are not ripe, drizzle a maples syrup, agave nectar, or coconut nectar on top, and then return the pans to the refrigerator.
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Whisk all the ingredients together and chill it for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Add the coconut cream to the banoffee cups. Dust with cacao powder and serve.