The perfect combination of sweet, salty, bitter, and nutty, these almond butter cups are three layers of goodness. The pistachios and dates are the base to a gooey raspberry almond butter cream and a deliciously dark layer of chocolate. Sprinkling these with dehydrated fruit isn't a necessary step, but it adds to the presentation – and the already amazing flavor.
No-Bake Chocolate Pistachio Almond Butter Cups [Vegan]
- 1 cup pistachios
- A generous 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons water (add only if not sticky enough)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- A pinch of sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoons water rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water freeze-dried raspberries
- 3.5 ounces non-dairy dark chocolate
- Dehydrated apple slices
- Dehydrated raspberries
- Stick the base ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth and sticky.
- Grab a muffin tray, and grease the holes lightly with coconut oil. Add a strip of parchment paper in each hole before assembling the dessert. This way, you’ll be able to take the cups out of the tray with ease.
- Fill four muffin holes with a layer of pistachio dough. Stick in the freezer while preparing the almond butter cream.
- Mix all the almond butter cream ingredients until well combined. Take out the tray from the freezer, and top off the pistachio dough with the almond butter cream. Stick tray back in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, and pour evenly over each of the 4 cups. Sprinkle with dehydrated fruit crumbs, if using.
- Leave the cups in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.