These decadent chocolate coconut swirl cups look like they came right out of a professional sweet shop, but they're so easy to make at home — and you don't need any fancy ingredients! The base is made from nuts and dates and the swirl filling is a blend of melted dark chocolate and whipped up coconut milk. On top of being amazingly easy to make, they're also grain-free!
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Swirl Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon water (only if the mixture seems dry)
For the Filling:
- 1 vegan dark chocolate bar, chopped (about a cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
For the Topping:
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight in the refrigerator
To Make the Crust:
- Place the pecans in the food processor and pulse the nuts until they break down finely. Add the remaining ingredients, without the water, and process until the mixture sticks together in a big ball. If it’s too dry, add a bit of water.
- Mould the mixture into six cupcake liners. If using silicone ones, grease them a bit with coconut oil to make sure they pop out without sticking. Place the prepared cups in the freezer.
To Make the Filling:
- Melt the chocolate on low-medium heat until almost completely melted and then remove from heat. Stir the mixture until it is perfectly smooth, then add the coconut milk and stir until well combined.
To Make the Topping:
- Remove the coconut milk from the refrigerator, open the lid, and scoop out the solidified top into a bowl. Add a couple of tablespoons of the liquid (reserving the rest for smoothies, etc...) and beat with an electric mixer on low heat to begin, gradually working up to medium, and beat for 4 minutes when the mixture looks like whipped cream.
- Take your prepared cupcake liners from the freezer and portion out the chocolate filling mixture between the six cups. Now using a small spoon, scoop out a little bit of the coconut cream and dot the chocolate mixture in a few places (small pinky-finger sized dots).
- Then, take a toothpick and swirl it around for a marble effect. Freeze for 4 hours and keep frozen until ready to serve. Take them out about 5 minutes before you would like to enjoy them.