This hearty salad Nicoise makes up for a delicious and filling dinner packed with fresh ingredients and intense flavors. And it comes WITHOUT the oh-so-typical feeling of food deprivation. The potatoes, green beans, “tuna” and avocado create a balanced combination of healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates. And when you add the romaine, tomatoes and olives, you will boost the vitamin, mineral and antioxidant content of the salad. This great mix will make your taste buds happy and stomach satisfied.
Vegan Nicoise Salad With Avocado
This Recipe is :
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 romaine hearts
- ½ pound tomatoes
- 10 ounces vegan “tuna”
- 1 avocado (you can sprinkle the avocado with a bit of black salt for a more eggy taste)
- 3 ounces black olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste (I used ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Wash the potatoes (you can peel them if you want, but the most nutrients and fiber are in or right below the peel).
- Put them in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until almost soft, then add the green beans and continue to cook until both potatoes and beans are tender but not over cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, chop the romaine, tomatoes and olives and transfer to a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and beans, cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and add both to the veggies.
- Top with tuna and chopped avocado.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients for dressing, pour over salad and gently combine.
- Taste, adjust seasonings to your liking and serve.
You can purchase vegan tuna alternatives in health food stores or online.