This tofu scramble features two different kinds of mushrooms, plenty of greens, and other fresh produce to make it a flavorful experience.The baked potatoes are covered in a simple mix of olive oil, paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper. Eat this hearty breakfast as is, or serve it on bread as a tofu scramble sandwich!
Mushroom Tofu Scramble With Roasted Paprika Potatoes [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Scramble:
- 14-ounce package of firm organic tofu, drained and mashed with a fork
- 2 cups of maitake and crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup blend of spinach, kale and chard
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Potatoes:
- 2 red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Yukon gold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Liberal pinches of salt and pepper
To Make the Scramble:
- In a large pan, sauté the onion in olive oil or coconut oil until translucent, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add diced garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spinach mix until the greens begin to wilt.
- Add the mashed tofu and turmeric, tamari, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and combine until well mixed and all of the tofu turns a beautiful yellow color.
- Add the chopped scallions and cook everything together until the tofu is heated through.
To Make the Potatoes:
- On a baking dish, place the potatoes, cover in olive oil, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook for 30 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and cooked through the center.
- Plate your scramble with potatoes on the side and add some toast with vegan butter if desired.
Original Recipe from Apollo & Luna
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS