There's no doubt that this creamy bisque is a comfort food. The texture of this mushroom bisque is thick and smooth and reminiscent of mashed potatoes drenched in gravy. It's the perfect soup for cold nights when you're craving something savory and filling.
Mushroom Bisque With Cashew Cream [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- About 8 cups sliced, mixed mushrooms; equal parts shiitake, oyster, and cremini
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cooked, unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 small sweet onion, about 1 cup diced
- 3 medium to medium-large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- A couple pinches of black pepper
- Slice the mushrooms and dice the onion. Remove any tough stems from the shiitake mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms and onion to a large pot over medium heat. Let them cook down for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a tablespoon of water at a time as needed, if the vegetables are sticking.
- Roughly chop the garlic cloves, then add to the pot along with the dried oregano, dried thyme, and pepper. Stir it up well, then cook a minute or two longer.
- Break apart a head of cauliflower into small florets and measure out 2 cups. Add 2 cups of cauliflower to the pot along with the 2 cups of chickpeas, and 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pot to trap the steam and let it simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the liquid aminos and apple cinder vinegar. Use an immersion blender, or transfer to a large blender mug, and blend until smooth.
- To make cashew cream, mix together equal parts water or unsweetened almond milk with cashew butter until smooth.
- Add a drizzle of cashew cream to the top along with alfalfa sprouts.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS