This miso soup is such a quick dinner to throw together, it's guaranteed to become a household favorite. It's perfectly packed with protein, fiber, and secret hidden veggies. It's extra-filling and extra satisfying, and particularly awesome to make a big batch to eat throughout the week. We're all about not having to spend the whole week planning and re-planning food.
Miso Soup With Garlicky Lentils, Kale, and Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 cups kale
- Dice onions into 1/2-inch pieces and finely mince garlic.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Roughly chop into quarters.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, stir in lentils and miso paste.
- Cook together for 5 minutes, then add kale and cover to cook for 3 minutes more.
- Once kale is wilted, remove from heat and serve.