These tartlets will have you in awe of how beautifully the flavors of strawberry, lemon, and rose go together. The flavors of the tarts are a melt-in-your-mouth and savor-the-moment amazing! This simple dessert strawberries and cream to a whole new wow-factor.
Mini Strawberry Tartlets With a Lemon Rose Custard Cream [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup mulberries
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 large date
- A pinch of salt
For the Lemon Rose Custard Cream:
- 2 lemons, plus zest from 1 lemon
- Flesh from 1 young coconut
- 2 dates
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the Topping:
- 2 cartons fresh strawberries, sliced
To Make the Crust:
- Blend all of the crust ingredients together in a food processor or high-speed blender. I prefer to puree the mulberries and dates into the mix slowly since this crust can be gummy only – add until it sticks together and you can press it into the pan. A little bit dry is okay!
- Press into 4-6 tartlet pans. Be careful to press into the corners so you get a good shape.
To Make the Lemon Rose Custard Cream:
- Put the tartlet pans in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until they are easily removed.
- While the tartlet pans are freezing, open up a coconut and purée the custard cream ingredients.
- Once you are ready to serve, remove the tartlets from the freezer and fill each tartlet with about 3 spoonfuls of custard cream each.
- Slice your strawberries into thin slices. If you want a guide, use a round cookie cutter or very small cup to create your outer strawberry layer. Make sure each strawberry petal overlaps. A cookie cutter really helps the flower stand up straighter and look fuller.
- Keep working your way into the center until you have filled the flower. It should be around 3 complete circle layers, plus 1-2 petals in the middle.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS