These naturally sweetened, banana based cupcakes are perfect for Halloween. Easy and fun to make with kids - even easier to eat.
Mini Spooky Banana Chocolate Cupcakes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Cupcake Base:
- 1/4 cup natural, creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 cup lightly heaping banana mashed (about 1 very large banana or 2 small) (137g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
To Make the Coconut Cream:
- 1 13-ounce can full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight
- 2 1/2 tablespoons agave for vegan version
- Mini, vegan dark chocolate chips for decorating
To Make the Cupcake:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and rub a mini muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside. Additionally, place a metal or glass bowl, along with the beaters of an electric hand mixer, into the freezer.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and the agave until the peanut butter just begins to turn smooth and runny, about 1 minute. Be careful not to cook the agave so it hardens.
- Scrape the melted peanut butter mixture into a small food processor and blend until well combined. Add in the mashed banana and vanilla extract and blend again until well combined, scraping the sides down as necessary. Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into the food processor and blend until thick, creamy and well mixed. Make sure to really scrape the sides of the processsor down to incorpoarte all the flour.
- Fill the cavities of the muffin tin 3/4 of the way fill and smooth the tops out. Bake until the cupcakes have risen, the edges are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
To Frost and Decorate:
- Take your chilled coconut milk out of the refrigerator and flip it upside down. Open it, and pour out the liquid on the top.
- Spoon the chilled cream that is at the bottom of the can into the chilled bowl. Add in the honey and beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the coconut cream onto the cooled cupcakes and create a ghost face out of 3 chocolate chips on each cupcake.
You will end up only using half of the whipepd coconut cream. Put the rest on something to make it extra delicious!
- Chocolate Cake