It's time to break out the deep-fryer! These mini Hasselback fries are so decadent and impressive that nobody would guess how easy they actually are to make. You can serve them with any type of dip you like, too – they're tasty with everything!
3 Ingredient Mini Hasselback Fries [Vegan]
- Baby potatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Par-boil your baby potatoes for about five minutes, until they are softened but not totally cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool down for a while until they aren’t too hot to handle.
- Now slice ridges in them which extend about two-thirds of the way down the potato. With potatoes this size, you will inevitably make some mistakes, cut some in half, lose some skins here and there- that’s all just fine. Don’t worry about it.
- Now heat the oil in your fryer to 350°F. Submerge the potatoes in oil for 7-8 minutes, until they are super crispy. If you’re making a lot, do them in batches – be careful not to crowd the frying basket.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces such as Chipotle Cashew Cream, Warm ‘Vegveeta’ Cheese Dip, or just plain old ketchup.
You can bake these or deep fry them in a saucepan – I used my frying pan so I can't give you precise instructions for either of those methods but it would be more or less in line with cooking potato wedges.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS