A whole wheat flatbread made with garden fresh fenugreek.
Methi Paratha – Whole Wheat Flatbreads with Fenugreek [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 11/2 cups whole wheat flour (atta) plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves or methi (or substitute with baby kale)
- 1 tablespoon oil plus oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the flour in the food processor, and add in the fenugreek leaves, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, red cayenne pepper, ground cumin and pulse a few times.
- Gradually add in a the water a little at a time and run the food processor, the dough should for a smooth ball.
- Remove from the food processor and knead for about 2 minutes with your hand. Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Break into 6 walnut sized balls.
- Heat a cast iron skillet. Roll out the balls into rounds.
- Place on the hot skillet, cook for about 1-2 minutes, the bread should change color and begin to turn pale golden green.
- Add in about 1 teaspoon of oil cook for 30-40 seconds, turn and cook on the second side, with a little more oil allowing the bread to turn lightly crisp.
- Remove and continue the remaining parathas the same way. Enjoy hot!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS