A delicious mesquite almond slice full of flavor and nutrients — perfect for balancing blood sugars and sustaining energy levels. Using the malty caramel taste of mesquite and naturally sweetened with dates. It's the perfect delicious snack for when you're on the go!
Mesquite Almond Slices [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 7 ounces dates, pitted (about 1 1/8 cups)
- 1/3 cup boiling water, added to dates to soften
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla pea protein powder
- 2 tablespoons mesquite powder
- A pinch of salt
- Put the dates into a glass bowl and add the boiling water. Leave aside and let the dates soften - use a fork to press them down to submerge them in the hot water.
- Add the almonds to your food processor and blend until quite fine — about 4-5 seconds.
- Add the protein powder, mesquite powder, and salt and blend to combine.
- Drain the dates from the boiling water, and add to the almond mixture.
- Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Press the mixture down into a lined rectangular dish. Even out the mixture and press down firmly.
- Please in the freezer overnight to set.
- Remove from tray, slice into slices and enjoy.
- Keep in the freezer in an airtight container.