Sometimes you just want cake. Of course, you want one that’s also healthy, yet still decadently delicious. So I baked one for you to try in the comfort of your home. And the best part about it – it’s only for you. You deserve only the best. It’s one of my favorite treats that can be enjoyed without guilt and remorse. I even added in a little protein to make it even more beneficial for you!
Me Sized Cake For One [Vegan]
- 1.5 tbsp of unsweetened carob powder (can sub with raw cacao)
- 1 tsp of hemp protein powder – can sub with sprouted brown rice protein powder, but it won’t be grain-free
- 3 tbsp of buckwheat flour (unrefined, organic) – can sub with organic sprouted brown rice flour, but it won’t be grain-free
- 2 tsp of xylitol
- 1 packet of pure stevia (or more xylitol)
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 3 tbsp of non dairy milk (I used unsweetened homemade vanilla almond milk)
- 2 tbsp of organic virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (non-alcoholic) – can sub with vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add wet ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Transfer into a little cupcake tin, ramekin or mini pie tart tin and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before taking it out.
- Suggested toppings/frosting: melted raw almond butter, coconut shreds, coconut butter or oil, berries, sugar free jelly preserves, homemade coconut milk whipped cream
You can use your microwave to cook this little baby up, but I don’t recommend it. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to make in the oven and while you’re waiting, you can enjoy a quiet meditation session to yourself or do some yoga before cake indulging.