It’s popsicle season! Are you excited? I’m excited. I think popsicles are so much fun and when the weather warms up, having different popsicles in rotation is a must! These matcha mochi strawberry popsicles are so refreshing and so fun. They’re creamy, lightly sweet, and have chewy bits throughout.
Matcha Mochi Strawberry Popsicles [Vegan]
- 1 tbsp sweet rice flour
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp matcha
- liquid stevia
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- ½ cup strawberries
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- Sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- Add the sweet rice flour to a small microwavable dish and slowly mix in the water, once incorporated mix in the matcha and a couple drops of stevia.
- Microwave for 45 seconds or until it is slightly firm.
- Spread the coconut flour on a small plate and once the mochi is cool enough to touch, take small pieces of it and roll them into balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flour to coat and then set aside.
- Blend all ingredients for the popsicles together, starting with 3 tbsp of almond milk. The mixture should be on the thicker side, but pourable - if t's not, add more almond milk.
- To make the popsicles - pour a little bit of the mixture in the popsicle mold, drop in a couple mochi bits, and repeat until you fill the mold completely then place popsicle stick in the centre.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture and mochi. I made 4 popsicles.
- Freeze until solid.
- To remove popsicles from the molds - run them under warm water and wiggle the sticks until you can pop them out.