It's never been so easy to make your own coconut milk and yogurt. This takes a few minutes and all you need is a whole young coconut! I love it and you will too!
How to Make Your Own Coconut Milk and Coconut Yogurt
Serves2 - 4
- 1 whole young coconut (flesh and water)
- Cinnamon, vanilla, or any of your favorite spices (optional)
To Make the Coconut Milk:
- Crack open your coconut and pour the water into a jar.
- Scoop the flesh and place in your high-speed blender.
- Pour some of your coconut water into the blender with the flesh.
- Add more or less water to adjust the consistency of your milk. If you like it creamy, use less water.
- Drink fresh.
To Make the Coconut Yogurt:
- If you want to make some coconut yogurt instead of the milk, you just have to add less water into your blender as well as a tablespoon of probiotic (liquid or powder). If the consistency is too liquid, you can add some desiccated coconut and keep blending until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Once you have your preparation, leave it ferment during 1-2 days in the refrigerator and you will obtain a nice creamy and healthy yogurt.