It's never been so easy to make your own coconut milk and yogurt. This takes a few minutes and all you need is a whole young coconut! I love it and you will too!
Make Your Own Coconut Milk & Coconut Yogurt
Serves2 - 4
- 1 whole young coconut (flesh and water)
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla, or any of your favorite spices
- Crack open your coconut and pour the water into a jar.
- Scoop the flesh and place in your high speed blender.
- Pour some of your coconut water into the blender with the flesh.
- Add more or less water to adjust the consistency of your milk. If you like it creamy, use less water. (I used about 2 cups of coconut water for 1 whole coconut flesh.)
- Drink fresh, it’s delicious!
- If you want to make some coconut yogurt instead of the milk, you just have to add less water into your blender as well as a tablespoon of probiotic (liquid or powder). If the consistency is too liquid, you can add some desiccated coconut and keep blending until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Once you have your preparation, leave it ferment during 1 to 2 days in the fridge and you will obtain a nice creamy and healthy yogurt.