In this recipe, crumbly macadamia nuts, crisp red bell pepper, and savory sun-dried tomatoes are rolled up into a tasty appetizer that'll delight your guests. Traditional dolmades use grape leaves as the wrap, but in this recipe, more readily available collard leaves are used. These are perfect for practically any party when served with a creamy sauce for dipping.
Macademia and Sun-Dried Tomato Collard Dolmades [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped (you can use dried mint, too)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Place the macadamia nuts into processor and process until crumbly, but not fine. The crumbles should have a coarse texture.
- In a bowl, mix together the dill, red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, mint, salt, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the macadamia nuts and mix well.
- Cut the stems off of your collard leaves and then set them on a flat surface with the backside facing up.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the mixture to the leaf, then roll up.
- Cover in plastic wrap or store in the refrigerator or serve immediately.
If your sun-dried tomatoes are in oil, add 2 additional tablespoons of oil. If they are not in oil add, 2 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil.