In this unique take on loaded nachos, sweet potato is sliced into thin rounds and baked until crisp. They're then topped with vegan cheese, hearty black beans, corn, creamy avocado, and a garnish of fresh scallions. To take this appetizer to the next level, we recommend garnishing with chopped tomatoes or salsa and serving with a side of cashew sour cream.
Low-Oil Sweet Potato Nachos [Vegan]
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle the sliced sweet potato lightly with olive oil and toss until evenly coated.
- Lay the sliced sweet potato onto a baking sheet in a single layer (you will most likely need two baking sheets) and season with sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then flip over and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until crisp.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the shredded cheese, beans, and corn on top.
- Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cilantro, scallions, and avocado on top.